Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Top 25 Songs of '08 (10-6)

10. Deerhunter- Nothing Ever Happened “Nothing ever happened to me”
With a solid beat and guitar that I love throughout, this is the strongest song off this double release. Deerhunter gets better with each album, so hopefully their next release will be the one that blows us all away. As a side note, this is really good cruisin’ music.

9. Ra Ra Riot- Suspended In Gaffa “I don’t know why I’m crying. Am I suspended in gaffa?”
If you had asked me to make this list in September, I would put this song as #1. I was literally obsessed with this song. The original by Kate Bush is flat out creepy, while this is just beautiful. Ra Ra Riot’s album was quite good, but this takes the cake for me. I just hope I can keep it from getting stuck in my head again.

8. MGMT- Time to Pretend “I’ll move to Paris, shoot some heroine and fuck with the stars.”
MGMT had quite a year. This song probably got the most exposure, and rightfully so. How can you not like this? It’s just way too catchy to deny. If you listen to this song in a playlist, chances are this is the one that pops up for days after listening.

7. Justice- Planisphère Pt. 1, 2, 3 and Finale
If you like Justice, this is the bees knees. This thing is so friggin’ epic, there’s really no words to describe it. If you don’t like Justice, well, you won't like this.

6. Fleet Foxes- White Winter Hymnal “And turn the white snow red as strawberries in summertime.”
You could argue over what the best song is off this album, but this is probably the first song you heard of theirs. And probably halfway through, you said something along the lines of “These guys are amazing.” The fact of the matter is, this song is fantastic, and it just melts your problems away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey hey hey what happened to 5-1!?
mmm these are all so good.