Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Top 25 Songs of '08 (20-16)

20. MGMT- Electric Feel (Justice Remix) “This is what the world is for, making electricity”
Congrats to Justice for being the only remix on my list. Justice can’t do anything wrong, and this remix just proves it even more. Take “Electric Feel,” a great song from a great album, and give it that “Justice oomf,” and this is what you get. I’ll always remember cruising to this beast during summer nights, because I’m just that cool.

19. The Raveonettes- Black White “mmyeah yeah yeah”
Damn, I love The Raveonettes. This is another time when the coolness of a song makes up for the lyrics by a bunch. Don’t think about this song at all, just bask in how cool it is, and throw in the yeah’s when necessary.

18. Erykah Badu- Soldier “Do you want to see everybody rise to this decree?”
I found myself listening to Badu’s cd this year more than I thought I would. This was the first song I heard off it, and it’s still my favorite. It’s got a great beat, and it’s got spades of soul. This is about as close to hip-hop or rap as I get, so if you’re reading this to see how high T.I. or Lil Wayne gets you can stop now.

17. Tobacco- Gross Magik “You and me. Melt away. Forever”
I absolutely love this song. If you’re fortunate enough to know Black Moth Super Rainbow, than you’ll recognize Tobacco instantly as the brains behind it. Luckily, this song is still really good even if you’re not tripping on acid, which I think was the motivation behind making it and all of their kind of music in general. Just pop this pup in and relax.

16. Why?- Fatalist Palmistry “I’m lucky to be under the same sky that held the exhale from your first breath.”
This is the best song off this awesome cd because Wolf’s lyrics just embed themselves in my head. Listen and fall in love.

No comments: